Páginas

sexta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2010

Daring Cooks' Challenge - January 2010



I promised to tell you all how my lamb's leg turned out. Well, it was delicious! This marinade worked very well with this meat. Again, the Tamarindo dip did a great combination, better then Peanut-Coconut.

As I wrote yesterday, I place the whole leg in the oven. But, my husband arived home earlier, and he was starving. I was taking a shower and when went to the kitchen, he had already sliced all the meat and boned it. So I couldn't take a picture of the whole piece. It is a pitty, it was so beautiful...



Oh, and I forget to tell you I did my own tamarindo paste. It is not difficult and the result worth the job. Cuppy, from Cuppylicious, provided a link where we can see how to do that: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/get_cooking/techniques/092002.shtml

Tamarindo Paste
200g tamarindo peeled
Warm water

Soak the tamarindo in warm water, suficient to cover it, about an hour. Then pass it throgh a sieve. Press the seeds against the sieve. You will get a think and creamy paste. Just it. You can add sugar and spices and cook it as a jam or mix it with salt and olive oil and serve as a dip too. Really good!

Nenhum comentário: