Páginas

segunda-feira, 23 de agosto de 2010

Asparagus with Orange


These days I intend to publish recipes I found in some old magazines and that I decided to try. Unfortunately not all the photos were good, but still ...

I love asparagus. I always liked them.Green ones, white ones, fresh ones, preserved ones. So you can already imagine my joy when I noticed that now we can find them more easily in our markets. Every time I go to the grocerries and they are there, you can be sure that I buy them.

This week, there they were. Twice. Therefore, it is already known, you gonna see two recipes with asparagus here. Both were very good. This is the first one

Asparagus with Orange
1 / 2 kg fresh asparagus
1 / 4 cup orange juice - in fact I ended up using almost a full cup
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 / 4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 orange into wedges

Remove the fiber from the stalks of asparagus. Be careful not to break their upper points. Cut the base of the stem (that white part which is harder, + / - 2cm). Tie the asparagus in a bundle and cook them in boiling water with salt for 5 minutes. Put them in the pan with the tips up, almost out of water. Drain, refresh in cold water and arrange them on a dish where it will be served.
Place all other ingredients except the orange slices in a separate saucepan and cook over low heat until starting to thicken. Pour this sauce over the asparagus and garnish with slices of orange. Serve hot.

Delicious!

Também em www.labgastro.blogspot.com

Nenhum comentário: