Páginas

sexta-feira, 3 de setembro de 2010

"Snowy" Beets

I love beets. But I never make anything different with them. I mean, they always end up being boiled in salted water, and going into a salad. These days I've found this recipe in a old magazine. I thought it could be very interesting.
Unfortunatelyi didn't pay attention at the time of the photo and almost nothing is left to shoot. As everyone here at home liked the dish, I'll repeat it sometime. Hence I  hope to take some better shots in the next.

Snowy Beetroot
1/3 cup corn starch
1/2 cup milk
3 medium beets, cooked, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cup Ementhal cheese, grated
4 eggs (whites and yolks separated)
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to medium heat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk. Bring to high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Reserve.
Mix the cooked beets, Ementhal cheese, egg yolks and cornstarch cream. Bring the mixture back to the fire and cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Pour into a dish. Reserve.
In mixer, beat the egg whites and pour over the beet cream. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake to golden brown. Serve hot.



Também em www.labgastro.blogspot.com

Nenhum comentário: