Páginas

domingo, 5 de setembro de 2010

Zucchini Bread

Do you like zucchini? I like it. My husband, too. But my kids hate. Or rather, not exactly hate. Actually, this is something children or ateenagers suddenly decide they don't like, without even tasting it.
Ok. So I always look for a way to "disguise" that something. When I saw this recipe (who follows this blog may have noticed that I've tested recipes from various old magazines, that were stored for a long time) I thought this zucchini bread would be perfect .
I do not know why they named it bread. The recipe, the dough, the way it is mae and the final result is more likely a cake than a bread. Nor would I say it is the eighth wonder of the world, but is tasty. Moreover, the wonders fulfill the role of disguise. Until now my kids believe that green stuff seem in the dough were lime zest!

Zucchini Bread
1 1/4 cups wheat flour
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Line the bottom of a baking pan of a 20cm x 10cm with baking paper. In a bowl mix all ingredients except chocolate. Beat in a mixer, on low speed, until blended. Switch to medium speed for two minutes. Add the chocolate, mix gently and place on the baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 º C, until  a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 min.
Também em www.labgastro.blogspot.com

Nenhum comentário: